Saturday 23 August 2014

My first Illamasqua purchase...

Hello lovelies!

This week I purchased my first 2 Illamasqua products in their online sale so I wanted to share my thoughts on them. The items purchased were a matt lipstick in the colour Fable and an eyeshadow in the shade Succumb. I have to say that I have mixed feelings about them!

Firstly, let's look at the lipstick. Here is how it looks:


And on my lips:


I loved the look of it on the website, and at just £7.50 (from £18.50) it seemed an absolute steal! I adore the packaging and the colour looks great off, but I can't say that I'm overly impressed with it on. I had to apply quite a lot to get an even coverage, and disappointingly found that after taking one sip of my drink quite a lot of the colour seemed to transfer off of my lips and on to the glass. I'm glad that I purchased this in the sale because if I had paid full price I would of been even more disappointed! 

Here is the eyeshadow that I purchased:


And here is a swatch:


This also cost me £7.50 (down from £15.50) and I adore this matt eyeshadow!! It's a gorgeous pinky nude colour and blends SO WELL!! It's highly pigmented so there is minimal (to zero) creasing and lasts all day. Unlike the lipstick, I'm really impressed with this product and would not object to paying full price for their eyeshadows. In fact, I'm going to go back on to their website this evening and order some more colours! 

I have a mixed opinion of Illamasqua products following my purchases. I was incredibly impressed with their cute packaging for their deliveries (below) and the eyeshadow was wonderful! It was the lipstick that let it down but I would consider buying a non-matt shade in the future to see how that fares.


As always thanks for reading, until next time! xo




2 comments:

  1. Hello lovely,

    Hey Love, I just found your blog and enjoyed reading it.
    Now, I am going to nominate you for the "Liebster Award". You will find all the information on my post on tuesday.
    I hope you will take part on your nomination as it is a wonderful opportunity for a new blogger. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Please go to www.theswiftniche.blogspot.com to learn more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...